In recent years, technological change—digitization, the rise of robots, artificial intelligence—that is seen to favor capital and higher-level skills at the expense of ordinary workers. The adoption of AI and automation will drastically decrease job opportunities, and the low-income community is most vulnerable to that change.
In this dialogue, stakeholders will discuss:
• How new technologies will trigger a cycle of economic growth?
• Where are the new business opportunities and new jobs?
• How will wealth be distributed smartly to reduce income and spatial inequalities in the cities?
• What is the government’s role in better urban governance and policies in smarter cities?
• How do we reform the traditional Private- Public Partnership model to cope with new urban challenges?
• How are autonomous vehicles affecting urban planning and environmental policies?
The event is part of the Tenth Session of the World Urban Forum (#WUF10) which will be held from 8-13 February 2020 in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. The theme this year is Cities of Opportunities: Connecting Culture and Innovation.
More details on the #WUF10 networking events can be found here.